Brisbane Photography Workshop - Master Long Exposure Panoramas OVERVIEW
Discover the Magic of Panorama and Long Exposure Photography
Join us on this long exposure panorama workshop and we will guide you to learn how to shoot dramatic and awe-inspiring cityscapes with Long Exposure and Panorama Techniques.
- Working directly with international award winning landscape photographers George Triantafillou and Karolin Schild for an inspiring and breathtaking photographic walk throughout Brisbane’s Heart.
- From the Wheel of Brisbane to Epicurious Garden, Crossing Goodwill Bridge, City Botanic Gardens and finishing our walk by photographing the Story Bridge at Sunset, the New Farm Riverwalk at the Blue Hour and the City buildings in the evening.
- Starting 14:30 we meet on Saturday (Meeting Point) at The Wheel of Brisbane, Russel St, South Brisbane and ending the day with panoramic view of Brisbane Skyline from the heart and soul of Brisbane’s most iconic landmark – the Story Bridge.
- At the Story bridge, George and Karolin will show you how to best photograph the city buildings across the river, as the sun starts setting. The ‘mood’ and ‘feel’ of your photos will change as the sun sets and the colourful lights appear.
- As darkness descends the Story Bridge which will start to light up with a multitude of coloured lights. The amazing shape and architecture of this bridge, as well as the gorgeous lighting, makes this a wonderful subject for photography. There are so many different angles to photograph the Story Bridge and you will be shown how to take advantage of the various ways to compose your shots.
- There is also a great opportunity to photograph the Newfarm Riverwalk, with its wonderful ‘snake’ shape that is also lit up at night.
Inspiration starts with a full tummy
Get photography tips, techniques, and inspirations
- Master Panoramic Photos For Better Landscape Images
- Master Long Exposure Photography (Step-by-step Guide)
- The use of neutral density filters.
- Exposure Compensation for Better Shots.
- Understanding lens distortions and strategies.
- Focus Stacking to Get Impossibly Sharp Photos
- Master Light and how to make the best use of it.
- Composition, How to make a picture look more interesting and exciting.
- The relationship between aperture and shutter speed
- Lens choice – Which one is best for the type of picture you’re taking?
- Daytime, golden and blue hour photography.
- During the workshop we will walk approx 4 km / 2 hours to our sunset destination. As we are a photographic group we will have plenty of time and no need to rush from one location to the other. We recommend to have a proper meal before the start of the workshop and take small snacks and water with you.
Once you experience shooting panorama in various conditions of wind with various moving subjects, you’ll be able to gauge how fast a shutter you need to freeze the motion, or not freeze it at all, and use the motion as part of your composition.
Please note: if you are considering purchasing items for this workshop (Nd filters, tripod, lenses etc.) please feel free to call or email us first for advice.
Brisbane Photography Workshop DETAILS
All experience level welcome.
- Fun and enjoyment of photography and outdoors.
- Photography Enthusiasts Who Want To Expand Their Skills.
- Suitable for complete beginners to serious amateurs.
Whether you use a digital camera, mirrorless camera, you're are going to have fun on our photo adventures!
Let us take you to the best shooting spots and give you expert feedback on your work.
*Photographers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
* Digital SLR Camera or mirrorless camera (Not Smartphone or Point & Shoot)
* Wide Angle lens, in addition, if you have: Telephoto, Zoom.
* Fully charged battery and spare batteries (at least 2-3).
* Stable Tripod.
* Storage memory cards (empty).
* Camera remote control (shutter release).
* Filters (Pol-, nd-,gnd-, etc) (we have some to borrow if you don't have your own)
* Headlamp or Torch.
* Hiking shoes and appropriate outdoor clothing & active wear.
* Physical fitness for daily hikes of approximately 2 - 3 hours.
* Bug Repellent, Sunscreen, Hut
* Water and snacks
* Lots of fun and energy.
* Our Award-Winning experts show you the best Photo spots around Brisbane and some unique locations (Photo shouting)
* Our Award-Winning experts are with you every step to help you master the challenges that lie ahead.
1) How to Master Panoramic Photos For Better Landscape Images
2) How to Master Long Exposure Photography (Step-by-step Guide)
3) How to Master Exposure Compensation for Better Shots.
4) How to Master Focus Stacking to Get Impossibly Sharp Photos
* Travel insurance
* Camera equipment and Items of personal needs
We reserve the right to make any changes to the program as a result of the weather. It is a trip into nature and unfortunately, we have no control over the weather conditions on site. A superior and cautious behaviour to minimize the risk of injury is our first priority. Nevertheless, we would like to mention that all travel activities are at your own risk.
Insurance is in the responsibility of each travel participant. As the organizer and workshop manager, we are excluded from any liability. The workshop is conducted in all weather conditions. By registering for this course the participant confirms that he has understood this important information and thus accepts this clause.
• Reschedule to another workshop.
• Receive a full refund.
MEET THE TEAM TO TAKE YOU THERE!
REGISTER FOR OUR COURSE TODAY!
ONLY 8 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
If the dates don’t suit you, then consider doing a 1 on 1 photography session. They can be a lot better as well. If you think that would suit you then click here.