One-day Great Ocean Road Photography Tour.
Photographing at Victoria’s Great Ocean Road is always a great challenge. Unpredictable weather, exceptionally moody light and wild terrain all create the perfect base on which a landscape photographer has to be most creative.
- For this Great Ocean Road 1-Day Photography Tour, we are travelling in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle and doing a circuit trip along the Great Ocean Road and around the extraordinary coast of Port Campbell. This tour begins and ends in Melbourne.
- With over 40 years + of experience in the photographic industry, award-winning professional photographer George Triantafillouis guiding you to the best photo spots around Great Ocean Road and some unique locations.
- We meet (Meeting Point) at Sky Bus Southbank pick-up area, Melbourne CBD (opposite Crown car park ) and start our journey of the day at 8:00 am.
- You will visit various amazing photo opportunities along the coast and inland.
- We finish the tour by photographing the sunset and then drive back to Melbourne (late arrival expected).
- How to photograph stunning waterfalls.
- When and how to use a polarizing filter.
- How to prevent lens flare.
- Long exposure techniques – playing with shutter speeds for different effects.
- Understanding lens distortions and strategies.
- Composition inspirations and Equipment advice.
- How to make a picture look more interesting and exciting.
- Balance your photos for better results.
- Understanding different light conditions.
- How to make panoramic photographs.
- The use of neutral density filters.
- Golden and blue hour photography.
- Correctly expose an image at night using a tripod. And if the night sky conditions allow shooting the stars and moonlight photography.
- Fun and enjoyment of photography and outdoors
- Photography Enthusiasts Who Want To Expand Their Skills.
- Suitable for complete beginners to serious amateurs.
*All experience level welcome.
*Photographers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Each photo leader has years of experience in photographic education, and each has his or her own philosophy and style. They will help you see the world with new eyes, and create images that reflect your unique experience.
We will explain depth of field, putting hyperfocal distance into practice, choosing the right lens and using your tripod and improving your workflow as well as how to approach a scene and order your composition and technique to get the shot you have in mind. The tour is primarily about developing your skills as a photographer and your images are our priority!
Image review/critique sessions will be included in a flexible manner as time allows (during bad weather, for example, we may spend more time indoors reviewing photos and discussing techniques, composition, and post-processing).
* Camera lenses preferably Wide-Angle lens, in addition, if you have: Telephoto, Zoom, or Macro.
* Fully charged battery and spare batteries (at least 2-3).
* Enough storage memory cards (empty).
* Stable Tripod.
* Camera remote control (shutter remote realise).
* Filters POL, ND and GND if you have any (we have some to borrow if you don't have your own).
* Headlamp or Torch.
* Hiking shoes and appropriate outdoor clothing & activewear.
* Physical fitness for daily hikes of approximately 1 - 4 hours.
* Bug Repellent, Sunscreen, Hut
* Lots of fun and energy.
* Our Local experts show you the best Photo spots around Great Ocean Road and some unique locations (Photo shouting)
* Our Local experts are with you every step to help you master the challenges that lie ahead.
* Transport from and to Melbourne.
* Camera equipment and Items of personal needs
* Meals and drinks
Food and beverage
We reserve the right to make any changes to the program as a result of the weather. It is a trip into nature and unfortunately, we have no control over the weather conditions on site. A superior and cautious behaviour to minimize the risk of injury is our first priority. Nevertheless, we would like to mention that all travel activities are at your own risk.
Insurance is in the responsibility of each travel participant. As the organizer and workshop manager, we are excluded from any liability. The workshop is conducted in all weather conditions. By registering for this course the participant confirms that he has understood this important information and thus accepts this clause.
MEET THE TEAM TO TAKE YOU THERE!
REGISTER FOR OUR COURSE TODAY!
ONLY 6-8 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
Please share your images from your journey with us by tagging @WeAreRawPhotography or #WeAreRawPhotography. And don’t forget to follow @WeAreRawPhotography on Instagram or Facebook. Join our We Are Raw Photography Facebook community to receive constructive feedback on your images and keep friendships alive.
looking for something more private? We make your private adventure happen! And If the dates don’t suit you, Join our waiting list or consider a 1 on 1 private photography lessons. If you think that would suit you then CHOOSE FROM BELOW.