Come to experience Wilsons Promontory in all it’s glory!
Create Breathtaking Seascape Images!
- Landscape and Seascape Photography- regardless if you are just learning or an advanced user of photography techniques, Wilsons Promontory provides spectacular breathtaking scenes.
- Master the post-processing of colour onto your images
- We meet on Friday (Meeting Point) at State Road 50 Southbank, Melbourne CBD (opposite Crown car park ) and start our journey of the day at 10:30 am for a sunset photography workshop at Whisky Bay.
- At the following day after photographing and watching the sunrise in the mornings, we then going to visit various amazing photography spots at Wilsons Prom.
- We finishing the tour with photographing the sunrise at Tidal River and then drive back to Melbourne.
- Whether you are a seasoned landscape photographer looking to get inspired with new and different techniques or just a beginner finding your way. Whatever your level is, you will be able to get full enjoyment and benefit from the Wilsons Promontory Seascape Landscape Masterclass tour!
- To get the full advantage of the workshop, there is only a requirement for knowledge of Basic Photoshop (PS) – Layers and Masks. If you don’t have knowledge in PS, George and Karolin will be covering the basics for you to pick it up and still benefit from the workshop. However, the workshop will have hands-on post-processing sessions, so you will be required to bring a laptop with PS installed.
- Travel with like-minded people and enjoy an afternoon with pizza and wine Saturday (one Pizza per person and a Wine bottle for everyone on the house!).
- Fun and enjoyment of photography and outdoors
- Photography Enthusiasts Who Want To Expand Their Skills.
- Suitable for complete beginners to serious amateurs.
*All experience level welcome.
*Photographers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Each photo leader has years of experience in photographic education, and each has his or her own philosophy and style. They will help you see the world with new eyes, and create images that reflect your unique experience.
We will explain depth of field, putting hyperfocal distance into practice, choosing the right lens and using your tripod and improving your workflow as well as how to approach a scene and order your composition and technique to get the shot you have in mind. The tour is primarily about developing your skills as a photographer and your images are our priority!
Image review/critique sessions will be included in a flexible manner as time allows (during bad weather, for example, we may spend more time indoors reviewing photos and discussing techniques, composition, and post-processing).
* Camera lenses preferably Wide-Angle lens, in addition, if you have: Telephoto, Zoom, or Macro.
* Fully charged battery and spare batteries (at least 2-3).
* Enough storage memory cards (empty).
* Stable Tripod.
* Camera remote control (shutter remote realise).
* Filters POL, ND and GND if you have any (we have some to borrow if you don't have your own).
* Headlamp or Torch.
* Hiking shoes and appropriate outdoor clothing & activewear.
* Physical fitness for daily hikes of approximately 1 - 4 hours.
* Bug Repellent, Sunscreen, Hut
* Lots of fun and energy.
• Mastering The Shooting Modes of Your DSLR Camera
• How can I exploit the possibilities of my camera?
• Try different Lens, which one is best for the type of picture you’re taking?
• Shooting in Raw
• Where to focus
• Depth of field
• White balance
Seascape specific lessons.
Composition in seascapes.
Equipment for seascape photography.
Long exposure and soft water seascapes (including the use of neutral density filters).
Balance your photos for better results
Golden and blue hour photography.
Correctly expose an image at night using a tripod. And if the night sky conditions allow shooting the stars and moonlight photography.
* Our Local experts show you the best Photo spots around Tidal River and Wilsons Promontory National Park and some unique locations (Photo shouting)
* Our Local experts are with you every step to help you master the challenges that lie ahead.
* Transport from and to Melbourne
* Accommodation (twin share)
* 1 Pizza 1 bottle of wine to share with everyone
* Camera equipment and Items of personal needs
* Meals and drinks
(dinner Saturday included see description)
We reserve the right to make any changes to the program as a result of the weather. It is a trip into nature and unfortunately, we have no control over the weather conditions on site. A superior and cautious behaviour to minimize the risk of injury is our first priority. Nevertheless, we would like to mention that all travel activities are at your own risk.
Insurance is in the responsibility of each travel participant. As the organizer and workshop manager, we are excluded from any liability. The workshop is conducted in all weather conditions. By registering for this course the participant confirms that he has understood this important information and thus accepts this clause.