We Are Raw Photography - Winter and Autumn Photography Tour Information
Photography Tour in the Victorian Alps - Bright, Mount Buffalo
Winter Photography Tour in the Victorian Alps – Bright located at the foothills of Mount Buffalo is one of George’s and Karolin’s favorite mountain towns…so laid back and so beautiful. We’ll be heading out of town to make photographs, to Mt Buffalo National Park. Through winding roads of giant Eucalyptus, snow gum tree woodlands and sub-alpine grasslands unique to Australia makes itself for spectacular winter scenes up to the high mountains. Add a sunset and a sunrise and you will bring home some of the best winter scenes you will ever make!
Mount Buffalo National Park has sheer cliffs, imposing granite tors, tumbling waterfalls, snow gums and stunning wildflowers. This Workshop offers a well-rounded and highly resourceful educational experience, appropriate for any level of outdoor photographer, but especially for beginners and intermediates. The program consists of field-based shoots in beautiful locations and interactive critique session on participants’ laptop computers. A full, yet comfortable, schedule optimizes field time and helps facilitate the absorption of invaluable, professional information. George will also discuss post-processing of your images with computer programs such as Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop and do live demonstrations.
No participant should feel that he or she is not qualified to attend. Limited enrollment gives all participants quality time with George Triantafillou and ensures that each person gets the specific instruction needed based on their individual level of experience. Pro landscape and nature photographer, Karolin Schild, assists George at most workshops, further ensuring individual attention. A group-based critique session allows participants the chance to learn from others’ work, while personalized field instruction addresses the photographer’s needs related to both understanding camera functions and techniques of composition.
The above image was made on a photo tour last year. Of course, we can’t always guarantee snow but the quiet beauty of this area, with it’s sheer changing weather conditions, makes it perfect to understand and adapt to the different elements in landscape photography. We look forward to working with you.
Sunrise, sunset and other exclusive access to Mt Buffalo National Park arranged for you. Locations include Bright and Mt Buffalo, highest mountain peak The Horn summit, spectacular granite tor of the Cathedral, Ladies Bath Falls, Riverbanks and Outstanding Natural Area And by any luck viewing native Australian animals and wildlife with a chance of spotting a mob of kangaroos.
✓ Enjoy informal learning with like-minded people
✓ Winter Landscape Photography
✓ Wildlife photography
✓ Waterfall photography.
✓ Long Exposure photography.
✓ Astrophotography if weather permits.
✓ Expert photography instruction by 2 Award-Winning Photographers.
We Are Raw Photography full-time professional photographer, educator, photo workshop leader George Triantafillou and Karolin Schild, both lifelong photographer and nature enthusiast leads you to pristine Victorian Alpine Area, and the majestic lady bath falls, Mount Buffalo. You will learn specific skills: long exposure, focus stacking, creating panoramas, professional revealing many of its secrets to capturing winter landscape during the day, maximize your depth of field to get your scene in focus, enhance your landscape images and post-processing tips in Photoshop and Lightroom.
Winter Photography Tour
Topics of the day:
- Join local teaching expert and landscape photographer as we share our tips and secrets to taking great outdoor pictures during the winter months.
- With over 40 years of experience in the photographic industry, Award winning professional photographer George Triantafillou and Karolin Schild are guiding you throughout the day.
- This 3-day winter landscape photography tour in Mt Buffalo National Park in the winter will put us in some of the most beautiful and sublime mountain landscapes in Victorian Alps, Australia.
- Mount Buffalo National Park is a nature lover’s paradise, with short walking tracks, waterfalls, wildflowers, wildlife, lookouts, and picnic spots.
2021 Winter Friday - Sunday, June 18 - 20, Mount Buffalo - 3 Day
2021 Winter Friday - Sunday, July 2 - 4, Mount Buffalo - 3 Day
Meet point: 13:00 PM Melbourne - St. Kilda Pick up and drop off - We Drive You Relax!
Base: Bright, Mount Buffalo VIC 3740.
Single room supplement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct: 0414 222 958.
Your comfort sleep is important to us!
During your adventure tour, you will see some breathtaking locations, all while learning new skills to enhance your photography.
Transport is organised for you. We will pick you up from St Kilda - Meet point at the pier!
Digital cameras use more battery power than film cameras, and batteries don’t work as well in very cold weather; therefore, bring an extra battery and your charger….just in case. As for your camera and lens, cold weather doesn’t affect their operation. If it’s snowing, don’t worry, the seals on your camera are very water-tight; however, fogging of lenses occurs when you take a very cold camera into a warm, humid environment…we’ll work on this at the workshop. Otherwise, consider bringing some lightweight gloves along with ski gloves, although I find it easiest just to work with bare fingers, and then warm them up in gloves in between shooting.
Please be aware it is winter season and some of the walk tracks may be covered in snow. But don't be afraid it is not that difficult to walk on snow.
All experience level welcome.
Photographers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
* Wide Angle lens, in addition, if you have: Telephoto, Zoom, and Macro.
* Fully charged battery and spare batteries (at least 2-3).
* Battery charger (very important!)
* Empty memory cards and spare one.
* Stable Tripod.
* Camera remote control (shutter release).
* Filters (Pol-, nd-,gnd-, etc) (we have some to borrow if you don't have your own)
* Headlamp or Torch.
* Hiking shoes and appropriate outdoor clothing & active wear for winter.
* Physical fitness for daily hikes of approximately 1 - 2 hours.
* Sunscreen, Hut
* Lots of fun and energy.
• Equipment for Winter Landscape Photography.
• The relationship between Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO
• Mastering The Shooting Modes of Your DSLR Camera
• Explore the possibilities of your camera
• Try different Lenses, which one is best for the type of picture you’re taking?
• Shooting in Raw
• Where to focus
• Depth of field
• White balance
• Waterfall Photography
• Long exposure and soft water effects (including the use of neutral density filters).
• Panoramas Photography
• Composition and balance your photos for better results
• Golden and blue hour photography.
• Correctly expose an image at night using a tripod. And if the night sky conditions allow shooting the stars and moonlight photography.
* Intensive supervision by 2 workshop leaders
* Our Local experts show you the best Photo spots around Mount Buffalo National Park and some unique locations (Photo shouting)
* Our Local experts are with you every step to help you master the challenges that lie ahead.
* Camera equipment and Items of personal needs
* Meals and drinks
If the weather condition on the day of the workshop it is unacceptable that we cannot run it you can:
• Reschedule to another workshop date.
Insurance is in the responsibility of each travel participant. As the organizer and workshop manager, we are excluded from any liability. The workshop is conducted in all weather conditions. By registering for this course the participant confirms that he has understood this important information and thus accepts this clause.
MEET THE TEAM TO TAKE YOU THERE!
REGISTER FOR OUR COURSE TODAY!
ONLY 4-6 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
looking for something more private? We make your private adventure happen! And If the dates don’t suit you, Join our waiting list or consider a Private PERSONALIZED photography Tour. If you think that would suit you then CHOOSE FROM BELOW.
Please share your images from your journey with us by tagging @WeAreRawPhotography or #WeAreRawPhotography. And don’t forget to follow @WeAreRawPhotography on Instagram or Facebook. Join our We Are Raw Photography Facebook community to receive constructive feedback on your images and keep friendships alive.