Discover Tasmania's Natural Wonders:
6-Day Photo Tour from Launceston to Hobart
Embark on a breathtaking 6-day Tasmania Photo Tour, exploring the natural beauty of the island from Launceston to Hobart. Led by an experienced photography guide, this small-group tour offers the perfect opportunity to capture the stunning landscapes, seascapes, and wildlife of Tasmania. From the majestic Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake to the iconic Bay of Fires, the tour will take you on an unforgettable journey through Tasmania’s most photogenic locations. With accommodation, transportation, and expert tuition included, all you need to do is bring your camera and an adventurous spirit.
- 6 full days on tour in Tasmania.
- Explore the Best of Tasmania.
- SMALL group of MAX 4 People.
- Dedicated photography tour created by passionate photographers.
- World class photography instruction
- Photoshop and Lightroom Tuition along the way.
- Some of the darkest skies in the world for potential Milky-Way or Star trail photography.
- Travel in our comfortable spacious vehicles. We drive -> you relax.
- Our team is fully bilingual (English, Greek, German) and we’re passionate about our own photography.
- Image review/critique sessions will be included in a flexible manner as time allows (during bad weather, for example, we may spend more time indoors reviewing photos and discussing techniques, composition, and post-processing).
TOUR FAQ DETAILS
- Fun and enjoyment of photography and outdoors
- Photography Enthusiasts Who Want To Expand Their Skills.
- Suitable for complete beginners to serious amateurs.
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Lenses (wide-angle, telephoto lens)
- Filters (such as polarizing filters, neutral density filters, and graduated neutral density filters)
- Sturdy tripod
- Memory Cards
- Batteries / Battery charger
- Camera remote control for shutter release
- Torch (for low-light situations)
- Cleaning utilities (such as a lens cleaning cloth or brush and cleaning solution)
- Camera Bag
Here are some general guidelines on what to pack:
Camera: You will need a camera to take photos, of course. It can be a DSLR, mirrorless camera, point-and-shoot, or even a smartphone with a good camera. The choice of camera also depends on your skill level and budget.
Lenses: If you are using a DSLR or mirrorless camera, consider bringing a range of lenses. A versatile zoom lens like a 16-35mm, 24-70mm or 70-200mm is a good choice for most situations. If you plan to shoot wildlife, a telephoto lens would be necessary.
Tripod: A sturdy tripod can be helpful for landscape and low-light photography. It keeps your camera stable and allows you to take long exposures.
Memory Cards: Bring multiple memory cards, and make sure they have enough space to store your photos.
Batteries: Carry extra batteries for your camera and ensure they are fully charged.
Filters: Polarizing filters can help cut glare and increase contrast in your photos. Neutral density filters can help you take long exposures even in bright sunlight.
Camera remote control for shutter release: A remote control allows you to trigger your camera's shutter without physically touching it. This can help you avoid camera shake and achieve sharp photos, especially when using slow shutter speeds or long exposures.
Torch: A torch or flashlight can be helpful for finding your way in low-light situations or for illuminating subjects in the foreground. It can also be used for light painting or adding creative effects to your photos.
Cleaning utilities: these are essential for keeping your camera and lenses clean and free from dust, smudges, and other debris that can affect image quality. A lens cleaning cloth or brush can help you remove any dirt or dust particles from your lenses, and cleaning solution can be used to remove any stubborn spots or fingerprints. It's a good idea to carry these cleaning utilities with you at all times to ensure your equipment stays in top condition.
Camera Bag: A good camera bag can protect your gear from damage and make it easier to carry.
Remember to pack light and only bring the equipment you think you will need.
No need to worry if you don't have filters or can't bring your tripod with you. We provide Astrolenses, filters, and tripods on all of our tours and workshops. Just reach out to us to make sure we can cover the lenses you'll be using. We want to make sure you have the best experience possible, so don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions or concerns. Feel free to reach out anytime and call 0414 222 958.
Your WeAreRawPhotography Team.
Each of our photo leaders has years of experience in photographic education, and each brings their own unique philosophy and style to our tours. They will help you see the world with fresh eyes and create images that reflect your unique experience.
During the tour, we will cover a range of topics to help you improve your photography skills, such as depth of field, using hyperfocal distance, choosing the right lens, using your camera effectively, improving your workflow, approaching a scene, and ordering your composition and technique to achieve your desired shot. Our primary focus is on developing your skills as a photographer, and your images are our top priority!
It's important to note that some locations may have slippery or snow-covered tracks, which could affect the level of difficulty and require additional caution. We recommend that you come prepared with appropriate footwear and clothing, and that you inform us of any physical limitations you may have so that we can make arrangements to accommodate your needs.
Our priority is to ensure that all participants can fully enjoy the tour, regardless of their fitness level. If you have any concerns about your ability to participate in a particular tour, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your options. We may be able to provide additional information or support to help you fully enjoy the tour.
- A 6-day, 5-night tour that starts in Launceston and ends in Hobart
- Expert photography guidance and instruction from our experienced photo leaders
- Transportation to and from all photography locations during the tour
- Accommodation at comfortable and conveniently located hotels or lodges
- Twin share accommodation for the duration of the tour
- Access to specialized photography equipment, such as filters and tripods, if needed
- Handouts and educational materials in digital form to help you improve your photography skills
- Small group sizes to ensure personalized attention and instruction
- Exploration of the best photo locations in Tasmania, including Cradle Mountain, the Bay of Fires and Wineglass Bay
- Opportunities for Milky Way or star trail photography in some of the darkest skies in the world
- Photoshop and Lightroom tuition provided along the way.
- A fun and supportive environment to learn and grow your photography skills
- Memorable experiences and stunning photographs that will last a lifetime!
- Flights or transportation to Launceston and from Hobart
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses and travel insurance, camera insurance
- Photography equipment (except for filters, and tripods that might be available for use during the tour if needed)
- Gratuities for the tour guide and any other service providers.
We may modify the program due to weather conditions as the tour takes place in natural surroundings and we cannot control the weather. Our top priority is ensuring a safe and careful approach to minimize any risk of harm. Please note that all travel activities are undertaken at your own risk, and insurance is the responsibility of each participant. As the organizer and tour manager, we are not liable for any damages. The tour will proceed in all weather conditions. By registering for this photo tour, participants acknowledge and accept these terms.
• Maximum number of persons (inclusive tour leaders) as per government advised.
• Maintaining 1.5 meter social distancing.
• Access to hand sanitiser during the event.
• Gear in use will be cleaned before and after each event.
• Learning outcome will be provided by verbal explanation. Tour leaders will be unable to handle your camera.
Who should not attend (COVID SAFE)
• Anyone feeling unwell or awaiting COVID-19 test result.
• Anyone who has travelled overseas within 14 days.
• Anyone who has been in contact with any known positive COVID-19 person within the last 14 days
• Anyone at “great risk of serious infection” as described by the Australian Government.
By booking any tour or workshop with We Are Raw Photography, you agree to cooperate with all requirements and confirm you do not fall within one of the above listed categories. If your situation changed between booking your event and the day of the event, please notify us.
PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR IN DETAIL
As you begin your Tasmania photo tour, you will be picked up at the airport or hotel in Launceston and transported to the breathtaking Cradle Mountain. There, you’ll capture the beauty of Dove Lake and the surrounding landscape during the magical “golden hour” and even at night, if the weather allows.
In the evening, there will be a get-together where you will be welcomed with a delicious dinner (not included) and have the chance to discuss the plans for the tour. You will also receive guidance on the best camera gear and equipment to use and an opportunity to share your knowledge and understanding of your camera and its settings with our experienced photography guides.
(Please arrive no later than 13:00 PM at the airport)
On the second day of this Tasmania photo tour, you will have the opportunity to capture the awe-inspiring sunrise at the shore of Dove Lake, where Cradle Mountain stands majestically in the backdrop. The famous Boatshed at Dove Lake will make for the perfect foreground in your photographs.
Later in the day, we will transport you to St. Helens and Binalong Bay, where you will witness the breathtaking beauty of the Tasmanian coastline during a stunning sunset. These locations are known for their pristine beaches and crystal-clear waters, providing an ideal setting for landscape photography. Our experienced photography guides will be on hand to offer you tips and advice on capturing the perfect shot.
Over the next two days of this Tasmania photo tour, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the stunning Bay of Fires and Binalong Bay, accompanied by our expert guide. This stretch of Tasmania’s east coast boasts some of the most picturesque locations for landscape photography, including the iconic orange lichen-covered boulders that extend for over 50km.
Our knowledgeable guide will take you to the best spots to capture the beauty of the region, from secluded beaches and hidden coves to rugged coastline and sweeping vistas. You’ll have plenty of time to perfect your long exposure photography skills and experiment with filters, while taking in the natural beauty that surrounds you.
As day four of this Tasmania photo tour dawns, you’ll be ready to capture the breathtaking sunrise over the Bay of Fires. Afterward, we’ll transport you to the picturesque Freycinet Island, where you’ll have the opportunity to witness a truly magical sunset over Coles Bay.
This will be a day of contrasts, as you move from the rugged coastline and iconic orange boulders of the Bay of Fires to the serene beauty of Freycinet Island. Your photography skills will be put to the test as you capture the changing light and colors of these stunning locations, aided by the expert guidance of our experienced photography guide.
As day five of this Tasmania photo tour commences, you’ll witness the breathtaking sunrise over Freycinet Island. Afterward, we’ll transport you to Port Arthur, where you’ll have the opportunity to capture the mesmerizing potential aurora and night sky photography.
Additionally, you’ll have the chance to explore and photograph the unique geological formations of the Tessellated Pavement, which provides a stunning backdrop for your photographs. Our expert photography guide will be on hand to offer guidance and advice on how to capture the best shots of these fascinating locations.
On the final day of our tour, we will wake up early to capture the sunrise over the Tessellated Pavement on this beautiful island. This area of coast has been carved into an amazing pavement-like structure by forces of wind and sea over millions of years, creating a unique and stunning location for photography. After witnessing this magical display of nature, we will make our way to Hobart with the option to visit either Mount William or Mount Field Waterfall.
Upon returning to Hobart, we will take the time to have a final photo critique where you can receive feedback on your images and reflect on the amazing experiences we’ve had together.
The memories and friendships created along our journey will continue to stay with us long after the tour has ended.
Book your Phototour
No matter your skill level, or camera equipment, if you have a passion for photography and travel, we have the photo tour for you.
Why Travel with We Are Raw Photography?
We Are Raw Photography offers tours designed by photographers for photographers, with a focus on providing a unique travel experience and exploring the world with a new vision. On our Photography Tours, we take our time on the locations we visit so you get to explore the area for the best compositions and experience. With our in-depth knowledge of our destinations integrated with local cultural places, you will find yourself in the best location at the best time. The majority of our clients travel with us year after year.
We are passionate about our work and your dreams.
JOIN OUR 6-DAY JOURNEY TASMANIA PHOTO TOUR.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT BEFORE THE NEXT SUNSET!
ONLY 4 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
The shared accommodation cost for this photo tour is AU $3450 per person. If you prefer to have a single room, there is a single supplement of AU $750. To secure your spot for this photo tour, you have to deposit an amount of AU $650. For any inquiries, please reach out to us using the contact us form or call 0414 222 958. Payment can be made through bank transfer or PayPal.
looking for something more private? We make your private adventure happen! And If the dates don’t suit you, Join our waiting list or consider a Private PERSONALIZED photography Tour. If you think that would suit you then CHOOSE FROM BELOW.
Please share your images from your journey with us by tagging @WeAreRawPhotography or #WeAreRawPhotography. And don’t forget to follow @WeAreRawPhotography on Instagram or Facebook. Join our We Are Raw Photography Facebook community to receive constructive feedback on your images and keep friendships alive.